Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I hope somebody reads it! Nevertheless, I shall witter away in the hope that someone responds eventually. Please?

I discovered the wonderful world of blogging after joining the Cross Stitch Guild (www.crossstitchguild.com) and seeing who my fellow members were. The first person on the list has a wonderful blog and that was that. I was hooked. Hours can go by as I wander in cyberspace.

A confession - I am a procrastinator, an excellent one. For example, I finished Eileen Bennett's band sampler after ten years and seven years after that (last Saturday) I took it to the framer! I'm looking forward to hanging it on the wall finally.

I probably shouldn't have mentioned procrastinating since a couple of days ago I signed up with Fair and Square to exchange six inch squares - I will complete the projects within the time frame, I promise! The theme is summer and looking outside today was no inspiration, 59 degrees, and cold and damp (just like England).

I began a Jane Greenoff design a couple of weeks ago - The Embroideress - I must be crazy. Already I've decided life is too short for Queen stitch, and I'm substituting something else. It looks terrific in the picture and not at all satisfactory in real life. Hopefully, there will be pictures.......eventually!

Enough wittering, I now have to work out how to list my favourite blogs and also a list of my NQFs (not quite finished), that's going to be a long list!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gillie, and thanks for visiting! Welcome to the blogging world....you will have a wonderful time meeting lovely people! It is a constant delight to me. I look forward to getting to know you too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!