Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gillie, her work!


Oh my goodness! The first photograph! I did it!


I've been meaning to get to grips with this and as usual told myself it was much harder than it in fact is. A failing of mine, I tell myself I can't do something, don't try and then whine about everything. No more, I am a blogger and an uploader (not sure about that word) of photographs!


The sampler is a design by Eileen Bennett of The Sampler House and was featured over several months in 1992 in the magazine Just Cross Stitch.


I began to stitch it in 1995 and was very nervous that I would run out of fabric before the end of the chart. Unfounded fears. There were some challenges, it was the first time I stitched over one (the deer motif), and the first time for drawn and pulled thread. I didn't change very much except that I put some initials near the top (PKG) which is a combination of our initials. It was very much a stop and go project, actually more stop than go until we moved to Virginia, where I was fortunate enough to fall in with a delightful group of ladies at the Loudon Sampler Guild in Leesburg. Ladies, I miss you all and wish I had kept in touch with you! They were all a tremendous encouragement, did beautiful work and were very happy to share their knowledge.


I can't see how to place more photographs where I want them, the close ups keep going in the wrong place so I'm going to finish and try to work this out!

19 comments:

  1. You did a good job, from now on you can do anything you want, no more whining LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very pretty sampler. Welcome to the world of blogging. May you find many friends here and enjoy yourself. I've added you to my Google Reader and will definitely come back to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What a lovely sampler, and I can see how much work it was. Great you managed to upload the photo too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gillie, This is Tracey from Stitchers Heaven. That sampler is just lovely sweety. What a lovely job you did on it.
    With regards to adding new and different photo's you can add them and it will put them at the top of the page and then you click and drag them to where you want them to be. It takes a bit of doing but once you get use to it, its pretty easy. It took me a couple tries too. Keep up the good work hun. Hugs and Bb
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely piece Gillie! Looks like there was a lot of work in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a lovely sampler - looking forward to seeing more piccies now you have mastered the technique lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really lovely
    it is a vrey pretty sampler
    good job
    greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovley to *meet* you Gillie! Your Sampler is so beautiful... I love the frame!

    Welcome to blog-land... It's not as hard as it seems and really easy to upload the photos once you figure it all out! :-) It took me several tries... and then it all dawned on me! ;-) If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away... :-)

    I'm looking forward to seeing more of your lovely stitching and visiting your blog ...

    Happy Stitching...
    ~ Lizzy ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish! Picture looks good too. I haven't figured out how to get more than one picture other than the normal one at a time yet. If I ever get it figured out I will drop you a line with all the details. LOL Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for commenting on my blog.

    Your sample is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out beautiful for you! Congratulations! So professional looking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gillie...your sampler is gorgeous!
    Kathy-NM

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a beautiful sampler!! Thanks for the comment you left on ILCS over my ornaments, it's where i came to see your blog. I'll add you to my bloglist to follow. Hope you won't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you've been tagged! visit my blog at lcwest.blogspot.com for the rules!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very very beautiful sampler...I love this one, and yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!