Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Well, I managed to get a photograph on the blog - not the one I wanted but actually quite appropriate as it's a view of Lake Michigan! I'd really like to know how one gets three photographs side by side in the navigation bar - I've seen some wonderful ones of stitching finishes. That's probably blogging 201!On one of my Yahoo groups we are finishing UFOs during September for our monthly SAL. I got quite excited about this and dug out from the chaos of my sewing room (more of that in a later post) a small UFO from around 2000. I opened the bag and....

NOT ONE OF THE THREADS IN THERE RELATED TO THE DARN STITCHING!

Luckily it only takes 6 different threads so I found them, except for DMC 926 which appeared to have gone AWOL, so a quick trip to JoAnn's and I was all set. It's a small CA Wells piece that I bought for $5 when I took a class from her, never finished the class project but this looks possible.I also hauled out one of the five, yes five, Elizabeth Designs that were ongoing projects at my LNS two or three years ago. Lots of different stitches and beautiful colours, I decided that Songbird Cottage would be the first of those UFOs. I've done quite a lot in the last 24 hours as well as a bit of frogging but I'm a stitch out and I don't know why. Grrr....

It's time to think of something to give the old boy for dinner, very hot today so will be very simple. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow, the remnants of Gustav, that we badly need.

Hugs and encouragements for everyone stitching on UFOs!

3 comments:

  1. Love the photo you posted Gillie, can't really help with how to post 3 photos side by side, still learning the "blogging" myself, lol. Congrats on getting to grips with your UFO's, hopefully we will see pics soon.

    Maggiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea either on how do the three photos side by side. I wish had!

    I really need to get a couple of UFOs out and work on them. One was a Christmas mystery last year by Chatelaine in 12 parts. Let's just say it wasn't what I expected and by part 4 I think it was I hated it! I did keep up with it but still have one cherub's head to stitch but can't bring myself to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Gillie, Nice to meet you.

    That is a beautiful sampler.

    There will be lots of pics of Suffolk when I can get to them. Hope yu won't be too homesick though.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!