Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Heaven on earth and exchanges!






Goodness, a gap of more than two months! Time to get organized here! A lot has happened since I last wrote, a trip to Oregon and then Idaho to see family which was lovely and then returning to the Wall Street meltdown which was definitely not so lovely! I’ll leave it at that except to say we are in limbo for the moment. All prayers appreciated!

I really got myself in a bit of a twist regarding exchanges. Next time I feel the urge to sign up for more than two at one time, I will have the calendar in front of me! Since the end of September, the only stitching I have completed has been for exchanges and the fault is entirely mine, nobody held a q-snap to my head! I am completing my Christmas exchange for Fair and Square, then I have two ornaments to stitch for two other exchanges and a Secret Santa and I am done for 2008!



The finish above was from the The Gift of Stitching October 2006 and was a pleasure to stitch from beginning to end! It was part of the Friendly Stitchers autumn exchange and went to Wales.


This Fair and Square exchange went all the way to Finland! Also from The Gift of Stitching, this year's November issue, it is a Tracy Horner Ink Circle Christmas ornament, with very muted gray and purple threads. In return, my partner stitched for me a Tante Zolder design which I love!


This is a long entry, I'm signing off now and will continue tomorrow, catching up with all my exchange photographs! Don't go too far! Hugs x

8 comments:

  1. Hi Gillie - you have been busy with exchanges! I absolutely love that Ink Circle square you did for F&S - gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you posting again:)

    Lovely stitched pieces and the other photos are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching! I like your blog, will be visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Gillie,

    A woman after my own heart, taking on exchanges to the detriment of all else... but isn't it great to stitch for some one else!
    I love it... I am a Welsh woman in England, some times I long for that small seaside town and the fresh air and then other times I remember I was young when there and now a grandma I'd rather be near my grand children.. how wonderful to live near the lakes and from your photos it would seem you have lots of space around you. I live in Coventry and fair sized city as you know, we have a long narrow back garden onto our 1930s terraced house, which we fill with veg and flowers, but as well as that we have an allotment which is our haven and our heaven, the peace, the birds and hard digging, what more could I ask for?? LOL
    Loved your blog and will be back to see it again, The Sampler was fantastic snd I loved the frame.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty stitching and I love the pictures from your vacation.
    Debra in Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gillie, Loved reading your blog and seeing your stitching, loved the little pillow you did for the autumn exchange. Keep up the good work lol
    Happy stitching...maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful exchanges...absolutely lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been tagged. The instructions are on my blog

    I am very impressed with all your exchanges. You are a busy lady.
    I am from Idaho.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!