Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm back!

I'm back with no excuses! Too much reading of blogs, stitching (and finishing!) and , of course, I had to fit some work in somewhere!

I have lots of photographs of this and that so here we go! In completely random order -


This was my first ornament for the 2009 Christmas Challenge but as you can see all did not go according to plan, serves me right for using a directional fabric! Out came the seam ripper and all was made good.

The ornament is resting on an ancient rocking horse that has served three generations and now sits in our dining room in state. The chart is a freebie and I think it's called Four Fat Friends from The Drawn Thread.

I am stitching a nine part SAL on the Stitchers Heaven Yahoo Group. The designer is Pelin Tezer and the piece is called Alla Turca, the motifs being based on those in Turkish carpets, Turkey being Pelin's native land. It's a peaceful stitch, especially when the world seems a little unfriendly. I'm using an unknown piece of evenweave in a shade of clay/putty and a Waterlilies silk, Navajo. Pelin suggested earth tones and this one just seemed the right one.

However, if you look on Pelin's website under "With my Compliments" you will see an array of colours, all quite different but all quite wonderful!


It's time for bed so I shall continue "catch up" tomorrow. Tonight with the help of Himself I learnt how to insert links, I'm so proud of myself! Sleep well, see you tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice ornament, thanks for the Drawn Thread link, I must have missed this freebie! I really like the colours you've chosen for Alla Turca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ornament! Your Alla Turca is so beautiful, love your choice of colors.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colours on the Alla Turca piece - it's been interesting seeing so many different versions of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Gillie! Those fat birds are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 'four fat friends'...I am looking forward to doing the stitch along with you also...I can`t wait for my fabric to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gillie,
    trying this route!
    I need your email address to invite you to the Mary SAL. Please email me!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!