Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dye Lots.....and how they vary!


I have been stitching, very slowly, on this wonderful piece designed by Pelin Tezer using the Caron Waterlilies silk in the Navajo shade. I wanted to buy another skein to send to an online friend who had admired the colour so visited my local store. Can you see the difference, the one on the right is the new skein, that's not just a different dye lot, it's a different colour altogether, far more blue and none of the wonderful coral/terracotta shades! A good reminder to buy what you'll need for a project plus a bit more to be safe!

2 comments:

  1. OMG they are very different aren't they. I agree you have to buy what you need to start or you will run into the same problem.
    I love your piece it is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!