Friday, January 1, 2010

First Finish (sort of) for 2010


We are doing an ornament SAL over on Friendly Stitchers so put together one that I stitched a while ago. It's from JCS year unknown and my ornament stuffing skills are in need of improvement, I have baggy corners! The other pillow is a Sampler Girl one, a quote from WH Auden, and I made it for Himself since he literally is my east and west. Tanya's having a sale until tomorrow so get over there, the address is in my sidebar!

The stitching underneath is one of the Blackbird stockings, a March one. This was not AT ALL what I intended to stitch today, I saw a completed Brightneedle design that I also have kitted up but could I find the dratted thing? I was determined to stitch something new, why you may ask? This only took two threads and I found them and a piece of fabric!

16 comments:

  1. Lovely finishes Gillie. Happy New Year to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Gillie - you beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Very pretty stitching you've done, and finishing, too! Here's to lots more int he coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thanks for the treat! (Meg in NH)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your MY EVERYTHING looks great!!

    Happy New Year,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gillie, your finishes are GREAT!!!! I was looking at all of your previously lived places and WOW!!! that is quite a list of addresses.
    Can I ask what took you to so many places?
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finishes to start the new year with, well done!

    Hope 2010 is filled with stitches :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year - finishes already. congrats. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're lovely, a great start to 2010 with lots more finishes hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Gillie! The finishes are precious...looks like you're going to have a good stitching year :)
    Aren't corners supposed to be baggy? Mine are!
    hugs,
    babs in alabama

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gillie! Thanks for sharing your finishes, they are lovely! Happy New Year! Hm...my house is clean, sure you can't visit today? LOL *Hugs* DJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gillie

    obrigada pelas palavras carinhosas e obrigado por estar me visitando.
    Um feliz Ano Novo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very lovely finishes. I should do that myself - finish some of the stitched things that I keep in a basket (the bigger ones in a drawer) and never touch again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hah
    Me thinks herself has just too much time on her hands! Jump on that train to Chicago missy and visit your friend!!!!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gillie, I really love how this turned out!

    Deb in Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gillie, I just love reading your blog...you are too funny! I love the North/south by Sampler Girl. I'm doing that one for my DH for our 25th anniversary in april....it's such a sweet design.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!