Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This and That and an EGA

I have just heard from the world traveller (who was supposed to be home tonight) that he is still in Frankfurt, the plane is missing a part (wing? wheel?) that apparently has to be flown in from Paris. This means that even if he makes it to Chicago tonight he misses his connection to Kzoo.

This is both good and bad -

Good because it gives me longer to remove the three stitching stations that I appear to have set up around the house.

Sewing Room
Sharon Cohen Band Sampler
Scissor Case Exchange (breathing deeply here before attempting the drawn thread bit)
Exchange biscornu

Sofa in family room
Mary Wigham

Kitchen Table
Beau Bands

Kitchen Counter (okay, four!)
Prairie shawl, a knitting pattern from a 2000 Piecemaker

More time to do some h**s*w*rk, pay b*lls, pick up mail from the PO box and think about tomorrow's dinner.

Bad because I miss him dreadfully when he is away and I am the world's biggest procrastinator, which must be obvious since I am blogging instead of the above!

I just wanted to mention my visit to the Elkhart, Indiana branch of the EGA last Monday night. It was quite a long drive and I had been unable to contact anyone that day to see if the meeting was on. It was and though a small gathering that night, maybe a dozen ladies, it was such a warm welcome from everyone, they went around the table introducing themselves and mentioning their stitching loves. Thank you, ladies and yes, Barb, definitely worth the drive!

Stay warm, stay cool!

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh I see I am not the only one home alone! Yes I have those stations as well. Funny that lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! I love your picture of the snow covered berries, and your snow pics below this post. And your first finish of 2010 is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Snow Pic is Beautiful. Great Shot! Only 4 stations? And how many more does there need to be???
    LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny! Your life sounds like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing, Gillie, when there is something I don't want to do (like assembling a biscornu) I run and blog about it. LOL I understand the different stations though, I have three perpetually set up, one for each floor of my townhouse, I'm never far from a needle and thread. Now if I could only set one up at work, I'd really get stuff accomplished! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I (we) are in a two bedroom apartment in NYC and I can only have two stations set up -- the couch, where I can see the TV, and the recliner across the room where I now have my computer set up. I should mention that the second beddroom is DH's "office".
    Currently Mary Wigham is near the couch and Gay Ann Rogers' "Xena, Sampler Maker", a canvas piece is next to the recliner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't give me any ideas! I have one real stitching station - my stitching chair, but my current rotation is spread across the sofa - I can just pick them up as I intend to stitch that evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Gillie. I'm almost home alone - being in the house with 2 teenage boys I may as well be! My DP is however in the same country as me. Hope you get your jobs finished in time!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the WT gets home soon and you have made those sewing stations look like part of the decor LOL! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your stations around the house, that's one way of keeping all your WIPs in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Girl Gillie having all those stitching stations up and running. Did they all come out the moment DH left(lol).
    Hope he gets home to you soon though.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gillie,

    It was great to meet you tonight. It just goes to show you that it's a small world after all.

    I hope you didn't spend too much at our auction. My first Kazoo EGA meeting was the auction and it was great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol aww i'd prob have several stitching stations but have to have mine up and out the way during the day due to my dd lol, hope your dh is home to you soon tho such a shame when planes get delayed xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!