Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Biscornus from Nita and to Despina


I knew this would be waiting for me when I got home but not how beautiful it would be! Thank you, Nita, I love it. I'm sending you an email too. I belong to an exchange group (http://www.pleasepassthebiscornu.blogspot.com/ ) where we stitch a biscornu a month and send to a partner. I sent one to Despina in Quebec that I've wanted to stitch for a long time, I adapted it slightly from Alexandrina's original one, (http://www.matryoshkabiscornue.blogspot.com/ ), scroll back to January 2009 to see her original.
To finish the train saga...... I arrived in Kalamazoo at midnight, after a train journey of nearly eight hours and one that should have taken just over two and and a half hours! The World Traveller, bless him, was there to meet me and and we slipped and slid over snowy roads to arrive home safely. I'm hoping a couple I met on the train got home safely, the dad had been to the city for his monthly dose of chemo and was obviously very tired, their journey was quite a bit longer than mine.

15 comments:

  1. Oh Gillie, these are both gorgeous! I'm drooling over them. What fun to be in such a group to receive these on a regular basis. Enjoy! Sorry your trip was such an inconvenience but I'm glad to hear you are safely home. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful biscornus. I've never attempted it. Good to hear you arrived back safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning! I can only imagine how frustrating your trip was as I live in southern New Jersey and was dumped on by the snow as well. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Gillie, I know you're glad to finally get home safely. What a trip you have had. I'm loving the Biscornus. I plan to try and make one some day. Never enough time to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're both beautiful! Nice to see you back home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You lucky girl! How lovely! And how talented! beautiful biscornus!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness you finally made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both biscornus are beautiful! And so glad you got home safe. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Gillie, both biscornus look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. You made it home safely that is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I woke up to a mountain of snow on Wednesday here in southern Wisconsin. I can't imagine traveling in it. I am glad to hear you arrived home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both biscornu's looks gorgeous. I am sooo tempted to join in as i love biscornu bút just too many going on with us here, maybe someday...
    Glad to hear you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you made it home, Gillie. The weather everywhere is just crazy. Love the Biscornus, what a fun exchange.

    Have a great weekend -- Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely biscornu - would that be bisocrni? :-)

    I'm glad you arrived home safely, and hope your aquaintenses did, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!