Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday, Monday


I could get to like this no work plan! Don't tell the World Traveller but I have stitched the entire day! I did empty the dishwasher and put on a load of laundry but apart from that it was me, thread and a bunch of cross stitches! Last week, I happened to see an audio tape in the library, Lady Susan by Jane Austen. It was written quite a few years before her more famous novels and not published until after her death. Written in the form of letters and with a cast of seven I found it delightful. Quite a few of my online buddies listen to audio books while stitching and I've long wanted to join them, but unfortunately, until now a single voice has just lulled me to sleep! Maybe that's the trick, several voices to keep me awake! I was determined first get to the end of the tape without dropping off and secondly, finish my February exchange biscornu. I managed to do both, I'll post a photograph of the biscornu when my partner receives it.

I put a picture of Mary on the SAL blog so thought I'd show her here too. I haven't worked on her much in the last couple of weeks as she stayed home while I was in DC. I must get back to my two needlefuls a day.

The other challenge I have set myself is to finish Alla Turca by Pelin Tezer, I only have two or three motifs to stitch so I would like to get it completed by the end of the month which is flying towards us rapidly!

Off to make the bed, fold the laundry and think about dinner!

12 comments:

  1. How nice to just enjoy your day stitching. And WOW! Looks so delicate and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! great job!

    socialsue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that Mary Wigham sampler... I came across it when I was writing an article for Inspirations Magazine on Quaker samplers. If I had all the time in the world, I'd do one too. But there are so many other things that take precedence. So I'll enjoy all the ones that other people are making instead!

    My MIL said a wonderful thing one day that has stuck with me ever since "Just because you like something, doesn't mean you have to own it."

    Yvette Stanton
    http://www.vettycreations.com.au/white-threads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gillie! You are really coming along on Mary...I have all the stuff to get started, just need some time. Enjoy your "time off"! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colors you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, there's nothing like a day filled with stitching, nothing but stitching. I'm on vacation this week and I'm doing just the same. And enjoying it to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely progress! Nice to be stitching instead of skating, hu?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gillie, Gillie, Gillie. You don't take your challenges likely.... so much to do it's amazing you get to eat and nap.

    Your Mary is beautiful, but I expect no less of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh a day stitching is what I'd call heaven! Love the colours you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It feels so much better now it's tidy, Gillie. The cake will be ready for you with a nice cup of tea :>)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a lovely day! I can't wait to see that project completed.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!