Friday, May 14, 2010

Exchanges and Friends

Well, I got thoroughly spoiled on my last day in the UK - Karen and her lovely husband Pete picked me up and took me back to their house a bit north of where I was staying outside Manchester.  Just had time to enjoy a cup of tea and then Mouse arrived from Yorkshire - what a treat to meet two people that I've been chatting to online over the past two years!  We had a lovely pub lunch and got our photograph taken under a sign that said "Nutter's Corner"!  Another friend inquired as to whether they had put up the sign especially for us!   There was another sign that was even more perfect for that day but I completely forgot to take a picture, not exactly sure of the words but something like this " Strangers are friends that you haven't met yet".

We spent the afternoon reviewing the contents of Mouse's bag, she'd brought lots of stitched treats to show us and having a nosy around the walls in Karen's house to see all her gorgeous items.

I was delivered back by car just in time to get my packing done before bed.  I'm home again, long boring flight, and a two hour delay in Chicago as they didn't have a pilot available for the little puddle jumper.  Thank you girls, here's to the next time!


Two exchanges were waiting for me, one from Joyce in Texas, this was a May Day exchange on Friendly Stitchers and had to have ribbon somewhere on it. Joyce very appropriately stitched lots of flowers with a maypole in the middle!  She also spoiled me with some more Valdani threads in lovely fall colours.  Thank you, Joyce!


The other exchange was from Marjorie on the monthly biscornu exchange, this is a Floss Box one and  I also received some lovely threads and a LK pattern.  Thank you, Marjorie!




9 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had the most wonderful time with your friends! How fun to meet people that you've been talking with over the Net.

    And you received two beautiful exchanges! What wonderful things to come home to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure sounds like you had a glorius time. Good for you. And the exchanges you received are just beautiful.

    Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip to England sounds wonderful. You must have had the best of times - besides the weather maybe.
    And isn't it great to come back home and two great stitchy gifts are waiting for you? Enjoy your exchanges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fine journey! Love your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got very lovely gifts! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really sounds like your trip was amazing. Looks like we are sort of transposed. I am a Yank living in the U.K. and you are a Brit living in the U.S. in one of my favorite States, although I came from N.J.

    The exchanges your received are just gorgeous and I can't wait to see more of your stitching.

    Lots of Love
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have lost me now! What is this exchange you mentioned? I know I am losing it now lol. Please remind me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your biscornu pin cushion. I have them on my every growing list of things to do. I love your header picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely exchanges pieces waiting for you.

    Glad to hear you have had an amazing meet-up with Karen, Pete and Mouse.

    Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!