Thursday, June 3, 2010

On the Oregon Trail

Spent most of yesterday either on the air or waiting to be in the air, we finally made it to Portland, Oregon after our very own version of the Oregon Trail!  We were using air miles so had an exceedingly roundabout route -Kalamazoo to Chicago to Dallas/Fort Worth to Portland - I stitched my way here on a small Blackbird Designs piece (Noel) from the book, Joyeux Noel.  I also, while waiting for the first plane, signed up for a new Blackbird Designs blog (and also as co-organiser with Nina) and my goodness, take a look, some gorgeous stitching!

I'm hoping to get to Acorns and Threads tomorrow, we don't have a car here but I'm told a bus from downtown will take me fairly close.  Portland has a terrific public transit system with a big fareless section - Mayor Daley, are you reading this?  And yes, we do need a direct line from downtown and/or Union Station to Chicago O'Hare International Airport, one of the biggest and busiest in the world, so we don't have to rely on the Blue Line L which stops every few minutes and takes nearly an hour - I could fly to DC in that time!

Can't work out how the WT's camera works so will upload photographs later!

8 comments:

  1. I hope that you have a wonderful time in Oregon and discover some great places. I hear you on the transportation thing. Detroit could use something like that, but I remember trying to get around Chicago - there was the Blue L but I felt like it took forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time at A&T. Its my LNS and as of Tues they still had the first 4 houses from BBD.

    Hope the rain pauses when you need it :) We have had a very wet spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe travel and enjoy! Looking forward to hear/see all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a delightful trip, Gillie...Hope to see some photos very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're having a great time on your Oregon Trail. Love BBD - may have to join ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a lovely start to the Blackbird blog, thanks for pointing me in that direction, hope to see some of your work posted there soon! Hope you have a great time in Oregon, I'm so happy to hear you are getting to spend time with WT. Take care and happy trails my friend! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are having a blast in Oregon and than it doesn't rain too much on you. See you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your trip!

    Even if the mayor was listening, he would find some way to add a tax to it LOL :) We also need north-south train lines connecting all of the western suburbs!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!