Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fits and Starts!

The title is because, let's be honest, I cheated a bit over starting one each day (see previous blog entry) and also I arrived back in Michigan  having completely forgotten about the challenge and all my stash was back in Cheshire.  What was an enterprising Brit to do?  Go directly to Stitching Bits and Bobs of course and stock up on some Blackbird smalls that I'd had my eye on for some time.  An added bonus was that it was Wednesday and the stitching group was there so a good time was had by all!

So ~ the list of fifteen, sans photographs of the starts (you'll just have to trust me, ha!), the jet lag has cannoned into me and all I want to do is sleep.......

Blackbird
  • Summer Iris
  • Wild Rose Journal Cover
  • Bluebird
  • Bird in Hand
  • Anniversaries of the Heart
  • Joyeux Noel 'Tis the Season
The Primitive Needle
  • Simply Live
Rosewood Manor
  • Quaker Diamonds
The Cross Stitch Guild
  • Stolen Moments
  • Sue Hawkins' Sampler Book
Shakespeare's Peddlar
  • Magic Garden Sampler
Hands to Work
  • Blooms of Spring
Little by Little
  • Alphabet Piddlings A, B, C and D
  • Alphabet Piddlings E, G and F
Brightneedle
  • The Birdneck Sampler
So there you have it ~ or rather them, hmm I might have bitten off more than I can safely digest but we shall see.  The ones I have begun are in italics and tomorrow there WILL be photographs!

7 comments:

  1. That's quite a list you have there! I can't wait to see pictures!! So glad you made it home safe and sound (and in first class no less!! Good on you!!) Thanks for the phone call before you left the states, you really made my day!! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great list, I love all these charts. And a good mixture of big, medium and small designs. Just perfect for the Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gillie

    Boy are you going to be busy!!

    You said somewhere about liking Blackbird charts, I just bought the Bird in hand and the bluebird and one of the stocking leaflets. Can't wait to start!! It will be interesting to see how ours compare. Are you using the original recommended threads for those two?

    cheers
    from Julie in hot (34 C) Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny!!!! Love your starts too, BBD is one of my favorite designers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lucky that you were actually able to go to Bits and Bobs. I only have the online pleasure - but maybe that's a good thing lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a great list. I'll be watching for your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I missed you at Bits and Bobs. Next time you are in the area at a sit and stitch, CALL ME.

    I've ordered my fabric for Quaker Diamonds

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!