Thursday, March 10, 2011

One should never give up hope........


..... regarding the postal services of the US and the UK!  This is the beautiful biscornu sent by Mayté as part of the ill-fated
Please Pass the Biscornu 2010 that occasioned the odd grumble from me last year, if you remember.  Mayté sent it not knowing that we had moved out of the country!  It took six weeks but on Tuesday there it was.  Thank you so much!







28 ct Willow Green fabric
Threadworx 10051
Biscornu from Mayté
Please Pass the Biscornu 2010
I have done quite a lot of stitching but don't have a whole lot to show for it and sadly, no second finish yet for the Crazy Challenge.  I've stitched quite a lot of BBD Friends with You but, drat it, I ran out of the wonderful CC Rod and Reel.  I knew when I was buying the single skein that I would need more but did I take heed, nope, ignored the still small voice!
BBD Friends with You

I stopped stitching on the BBD piece when I heard the sad news about Lisa Roswell of The Primitive Needle and picked up another in my Crazy 15, Simply Live designed by Lisa.  I had been hesitating about the recommended colours and decided that the design called for a single colour and I chose Waterlilies Cafe au Lait.  I hope Lisa would have forgiven this decision.

Simply Live by The Primitive Needle
40 ct Cream
Waterlilies Cafe au Lait


I'd like it to go on record that we had THREE days of sunshine on the trot! I know I moan a bit a lot about grey weather but my goodness this week was gorgeous and I got in a LOT of walking, including a couple of hills!  One walk we did was to New Pale in the Delamere Forest - it's only 175 m high but from there you can see across to seven counties, five in England and two in Wales.  Let's see if I can remember them ........Lancashire, Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Denbighshire and Flintshire not forgetting Cheshire!  I waved madly at Karen, Mouse and Hazel in the first three counties, did you see me?  Will have to work on finding some blogging friends in Wales, lol!











Well, just got back from the first meeting of a new book club in our local library.  Great fun, we all clicked immediately with no empty spaces of conversation, we will be reading, hang on, I've forgotten, oh yes, the The WhiteTiger by Aravind Adiga.  It was the winner of the Man Booker Prize 2008.  I'll let you all know how it is.

I'm quite proud of myself that I've kept up a week of  The View From Here , my photoblog.  Many thanks for the comments, only 350 flumpence more pictures to go!  Leave a comment there after you've left one here.  Don't go without saying something, I love to hear from you!

13 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures. Good stitching.
    Joyce C F /TX USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if we lop the top off a few "hills" you might be able to see me too!!! Nice progress honey. Hugs, Ally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo fancy you being able to wave to me from up there ..lol ... lovely progress on your pieces just love them and the colours are just right :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, how awesome is that? You must have a beautiful view! Great progress on your stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching Gillie and lovely view too. Great that the biscornu found you eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching! I'm glad the biscornu got to you eventually. Mayte does beautiful work! Great scenery pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gillie, good to see you are settling in and your furniture will be with you soon!!!

    The biscornu is lovely glad it made it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHH I'm so happy the biscornu crossed the pond safety and is in your hands right now!!

    I love reading about your setting in your new place :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound so happy in your post, it's good to hear!! My heart skipped a beat when you said you've received a gift, I had hoped it was the one I sent you...oh well, it should be there soon! It's a lovely biscornu (I should send you one...LOL) an well worth the wait! I've been watching your picture blog grow, you take lovely pictures!! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful biscornu there Gillie. So glad it finally reached you.

    Love your WIPs. Not seen that BBD one so had to go search for it didn't I?! Another BBD book to add to the wishlist!

    Your Live Simply is beautiful.

    Gorgeous photos. Don't forget to wave at me next time you can see Yorkshire! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The biscornu is lovely, well worth the wait. Sounds like you've been so busy, must have missed your wave hope Mouse caught it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep the faith...lovely biscornu! I was looking for something in my stash yesterday, and realized I have more of Lisa's designs than remembered. Such a huge loss. I'm sure she would be delighted with your color choices. Enjoy your book club!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pieces Gillie!! The bisornu is just adorable...what a wonderful gift! What a lovely color choice for Lisa's design...she is definitely proud! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!