Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Well, who knew?  It pays to be organised, a novel thought but there you are!  Having spent most of December planning what I would stitch in the Crazy Month or January if you aren't a Crazy stitcher, it was with a slight smirk that I picked up the first of the crazies and settled down to some stitching late in the afternoon of New Year's Day.  Why late in the afternoon, you ask?  A hangover, perhaps?  No, a lovely visit from family and a dog that prevented me picking up a needle. Having waved goodbye to them I made an unseemly dash for the sewing room and held my hand delicately over THE box..... this one, that one?  Decisions, decisions....... Sweet World, small but charming, seemed the appropriate one.   Only a little of the border was stitched but it is early days.......

Day 1
Midsummer Night Designs
Sweet World
Published in Gift of Stitching
August 2006
On Day 2, the sun was shining for a change, so that meant a Walk - in the Peak District as the WT wanted to take photographs and being the dutiful wife that I am, off we went, lots of wind, sun and MUD but a good time was had. This was what I picked up when we got back -


Day 2

La D Da
123 Tree
Well into my stride now, a Plum Street Samplers' one was chosen next.  I am trying to be frugal and use my stash so soon realised the thread just didn't show up , no good, tried another one, nope, so temporarily abandoned the whole thing until I could look at in in sunlight - ha! maybe in July?


Day 3


Plum Street Samplers
Favorite Font Sampler

So Day 3's offering was BOAF's Pray for Peace, another small but very pretty one.

Day 4
Birds of a Feather
Pray for Peace
And that brings us to Day 4, are you still with me?  Another chart from TGOSM.  All was going well, did a bit of the top border then moved down to the words, finished the first word and DRAT!  I had begun the T in the wrong place!  Was not about to frog the lettering since it is in a plummy red so the border has to go........
Day 5
At Home with Jane Austen
The Sampler Girl
published in TGOSM in March 2007

I have decided that each post in 2012 needs to have at least one absolute finished piece in it so here you are, an ornament from Midsummer Night Designs sent to Karan for an exchange.  Don't click on it as you will see the left hand angel is minus a halo!  Sorry, Karan, I owe you, lol!  I loved stitching this one, the colours were completely unChristmassy but so vibrant, I will definitely be stitching more of these!


Midsummer Night Designs
JCS Ornament Issue - year unknown
Angel Magic
(not what Deborah called it, hope she doesn't mind)


Four down, and only 27 to go, wish me luck!  Hope all my fellow crazies are enjoying themselves with the Challenge.  See you in a few days with another update, can you bear to wait that long?


28 comments:

  1. You're off to a great start, Gillie! And I love your finish, halo-less angel and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your starts. The angel ornament is really cute.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful starts!! You are much braver than me! I can't imagine trying all those projects in one year!!
    Best of luck and I look forward to following your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! You're doing the *really* crazy challenge! How fun!! I can't wait to see them all!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!!! I really loved the Angel! And very nice blog, too!
    Cheers, Vilma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start with the crazy challenge Gillie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Gillie! Looking good(if not behaving, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your starts and your finish. I'm looking forward to tracking your progress. Linda M

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice interesting post to come across. You are off to a good start. Looking forward to following your progress. I loved the colours in Angel Magic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooo well done that girl ... lovely starts:) and cute finish even halo less ..lol can't wait to see what's next on the offerings :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great starts!!! Looking forward to them growing and of course curious what the other starts will be.
    Lovely finish. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great starts :D and your ornie (even without an halo is gorgeous)can't wait to see more :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, lovely, lovely, Miss Gillie! Wonderful starts! And your ornie is so pretty! So which one are you, the angel with the halo, or the one without? ;)

    Melissa J.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooh...Love all your starts, Gillie! What a year you have had! Hopefully this year will be more peaceful and productive. Welcome to the world, Duncan, you've been born into a wonderful family! Thanks for pictures of the Lake district...I DO live vicariously through pictures, ya know! LOL Maybe one day I can see it for real. Your ornament should get there soon, last I heard it was in country! I anxiously await your next blog update! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Am suitably impressed Gillie gal! Your starts look lovely and BTW - it's [REALLY] sunny here and I can see your stitching on 'favorite font' quite well :)
    Haven't seen the BOAFs pattern before, am resisting going looking for it - I will wait and watch as you stitch it up..
    Really like the [text] modification you made to the little Midsummer Night orny too. Just bc we know it came from a Christmas edition JCS, doesn't mean it has to be confined to December... I am pretty sure angels are with us the rest of the year too. Perhaps the halo challenged angel is the one that Karan can entertain unawares
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful starts and the Angel Magic ornie is very cute

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great starts Gillie, look forward to seeing all youur others! The ornament is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely starts. Your doing the all out crazy challenge. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've made a great start on your crazy challenge Gillie. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you're stitching.

    Lovely ornament finish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great start on the crazy challenge Gillie.
    Your halo less angel made me smile. Made me think of a good angel versus a bad angel.
    Happy frog free stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great start! Keep the pics coming. Hugs, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great starts and a nice mix of projects. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great start for your crazy pieces - looking forward to seeing the next 27, mental!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gillie -

    They are all beautiful. Can;t wait to see your finishes.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm pretty sure that's in the 2008 issue, Gillie. I have it somewhere... Looks very nice though. I made one for a friend too. If I remember right, I made everything purple but the trees. (She hates green.) It turned out nicely, I think. And grats on all the new starts for your crazies. Sorry you have to frog day four, but it happens sometimes. Good luck with them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great stitching, Gillie. I love your little halo-less angel. Reminds me of me. HAHAHAAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really great start to UCJC, Gillie. I started really strongly but now that I went back to work yesterday I am starting to struggle already. lol!
    I love your Angel Magic - so pretty.

    Hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!