Monday, February 6, 2012

I love meeting......

... *old* friends too! Today DJ came into DC from her home in Maryland to visit! Such a treat to see her again, we met on Friendly Stitchers and I threatened to stop by one day when I was in the area - she didn't know then that I had family in the DC area! Today we sat and chatted over coffee then went to the burger restaurant that my daughter co-owns for lunch then up the street (around Dupont) for a little, ahem, enabling on my part at Beadazzled! I might just have found another hobby for DJ! I was also gifted with the threads that I had asked her to buy for me from the Stitching Post's Superbowl sale! Thank you, DJ, for them and for a lovely day!

10 comments:

  1. Gillie I am so jealous!!! Really I would love nothing more than to be able to sit down and talk to you girls :@ Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    LiBBiE in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to spend that time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to meet with my pin pals, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please can we have some photos when you get back to UK.I shouldn't be jealous as I did have the quilt guild over on Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. woooo hooo you managed to get together ... and heheh enabling you ... never hahahahah
    see you soon :0
    love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a joy to sit and talk to Gillie, the time just flies! I took my camera, but didn't remember to take pictures of us. I'm blaming it on chemo brain! I wonder how long I'll be able to manage blaming that before people begin to suspect it's old age? *giggle*) LOL I did manage to leave with only a small 27 cent purchase at Bedazzled, but the temptation to go back when no one is looking is there. Oh the possibilities I saw!! I'll be dreaming of beads for weeks! LOL Thanks for spending time with me, Gillie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great that you were able to meet up! Gillie inquiring minds want to know what your daughter's shop is? There's a burger place near Dupont Metro that I love, love, love (did I mention I really like it?) and I swear I've seen the sign for Beadazzled when I've been walking there. Fortunately I've had to get back to work so no shopping for me, but the food definitely makes up for no beads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait! You've been holding out not only news on a family bruger joint in DC but also a stashing possibility there???? How can that be fair?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to spend the day. WHat have you been stitchin on lately? Jane

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!