Friday, February 3, 2012

I love.......

....meeting online stitching friends in real life! Today, Carol from Stitching Dreams invited me to meet Lee, the Lake Stitcher and Linda from Taxing Stitches for a delightful afternoon of admiring each other's stitching, chatting about stitching and eating coffee cake and drinking peppermint tea! Perfect! Oh, and a ladylike drool over Carol's stitched smalls, a huge box of them as well as various ones prettily arranged on shelves! And she had stitched one just for me! Thank you, ladies, for driving over to meet me and to Carol for her hospitality. And thanks too for First Treasure driving me there and then vanishing for a couple of hours so her mum could chat away!

12 comments:

  1. Ooooo - I'm so jealous! What fun you must have had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love getting to meet new stitchers? Sounds like a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you had a fantastic time Gillie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was wonderful to meet you Gillie - and such fun to sit and talk about our favorite hobby. And yes, I promise to get to work updating my blog. Be safe in your continuing travels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooo glad you had a wonderful time drooling over each others works ... hope you saved me some cake ;)
    can't wait to hear all about it when you get back :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very special time, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can easily imagine how you were drooling over Carol's smalls - they are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to spend time with your pin pals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had such a lovely time meeting you and "First Treasure," Gillie! It felt like we had known each other for years :) You know you are welcome here any time you're in the 'Burgh!!

    Safe travels home...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you all had a lovely time. Meeting blog-friends in the real world is always fun....Especially when tea and cake are involved!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Green with envy. Hope you are enjoying every mintue.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!