Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Making one ornament do the work of three SALs!

I am scurrying around here, trying to make sure that I have completed ALL requirements....for what, I hear you say?

Well, I joined Charlene's new blog Stitched: Now to Finish, what an excellent idea, to show off our completely finished treasures.  This is my offering for January and I am pretty sure this is an Illinois-begun ornament which makes it at least three plus years ago that I started it!  I added the birds a couple of weeks ago and drat it, think one got lost on the way!  According to the chart there should be five!  All I needed to do after that was stitch it up into a pincushion, beats me why it took me so long!


Rejoice
The Trilogy

Making one ornament do the work of two (and I may not be finished, lol!) I am also joining in the fun  at Silver Lotus' ornament SAL - this SAL seemed like an excellent choice as there are NO themes, lovely! 
 
And.....told you I wasn't finished with this poor little ornament, I want to take part in Heather's Themalicious 2013 and the first month is Jardin January - gardens, flowers etc so I am bending the rules slightly, well, it's a Christmas tree and was in a garden at some stage!
 
But just to show that I can obey the Jardin rules here is a beautiful little piece, alas, not mine and on its way back to its owner, Sally in the beautiful Pacific North West.  A Round Robin that I know Sally worried was stuck first in the UK and then slightly nearer, in the Midwest.  I eventually got round to stitching it and it's coming home, Sally, via Lynda!  It's a Just Nan piece and that is all I can remember!
 
 
 
 Well, my dears, it is late and I am making silly mistakes and muttering very unladylike words under my breath so will love you and leave you.  Heavens, is that the time?

 



28 comments:

  1. What a lovely ornie! Well done on a beautiful finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo :) well done that girl ... and its Miss Kitties dragons by Just Nan :) I know as I have got this chart in my to kit up and do pile ... heheheh

    can't wait to see your other finishes and I see you have had some sun .. send it this way please :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ornament Gillie, even if one of the birds did fly away. They do do that you know ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! Sally's piece is beautiful isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitches! Makes me wonder if this kind of stitching would be more manageable than all these half finished quilts....But they've got to be finished before I set off on any tangents!

    There's a challenge at my place if you feel like shelving stitching for a little bit....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that not the way it is... don't see things until the photo! You are making good use of those SALs, and doing very nice pieces! Thanks for the pub.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, Gillie! Thanks for the link to Charlene's new blog. I signed up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute finish! I thought, very briefly, about joining the ornament finishing SAL but decided that that was just too much pressure. I'm going to be happy to get them stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on the finishing and I like your idea of one ornament for two SALS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful ornament. Congratulations on the finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely ornament, it's always nice when you can incorporate a

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your ornament and the RR piece is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha what is it they say? An ornament by any other name .....

    Belated happy birthday dearest and look out for a wee parcel in the post soon - late as always eh?

    Hugs,

    the wee Scot xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful finish Gillie, ornaments are such fun to stitch up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spooky to say but I have just been thinking about you. Did you buy the wider arm for your lowery stand? I'm finding that the arm isn't long enough when I sit on the sofa in front room but long enough if I sit in other sitting room or conservatory. At the moment I'm tempted to trial it in the conservatory as I need it to stitch hubby's plane (not the best of things to stitch) lol so no rush to use it every day. Also did you buy any of the accessories and if so which?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely finish, Gillie, and leave it to you to stretch one ornie out to fit three uses!! I just love the way you think! Very pretty Round Robin. What fun it would be to take part in one! Have the Friendly Stitchers ever done that? So glad to see your post! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaaaaw - look at that poor empty branch... Whenever you see it, you will be able to muse over in which continent that little bird may have flown the coop ... hahaha! Really sweet finish 'tho and love the rr piece too.
    And before I forget I will say "Happy belated Birthday" too. May this year bring you more 'finishes' than 'starts' down by your lovely lake
    Hugs from Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  18. That all looks lovely. Happy Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful ornament!! And you were totally in theme, actually, because the ornament theme for Theme-a-licious was "tree"!! The Just Nan piece is lovely, too. =) Congratulations on killing THREE birds with one stone!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such lovely ornaments Gillie!! Well done!!

    Hugs to you :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!