Monday, February 18, 2013

Themalicious Check In For Figural February

Well, I never did, just like magic Mr Tennant appears!



So....Figural February, have to say my heart sank somewhat when I realised that meant people, people!  But nothing daunted I had a little search and much to my surprise I came up with four!  And one is a stitched finish and fingers crossed, a complete finish before Thursday so I can show off at our monthly EGA meeting!

And here it is from Plum Street Samplers and is the Favourite Fonts sampler, I was missing a couple of the DMCs (honestly, how on EARTH can that be, I have gazillions of them) I changed the threads to SNC Acorn Woods, now to think of the finish.

Favourite Fonts Sampler
Plum Street Samplers
SNC Acorn Woods silk thread


 
On Any Shore with You
The Sampler Girl
 On Any Shore is a tiny one that I am doing on 40 count and came from one of Tanya's lovely booklets - Spring?  Can't remember.

Blessed are the Needleworkers
Lody Stewart
The Gift of Stitching
This one has been kitted up for ages and was in the much lamented Gift of Stitching magazine.  I will check which issue and get back to you, lol, but really want to start this one as it has a very interesting biscornu incorporated into the sampler - interesting in its make up, not at all as usual!  Apologies for the dreadful photograph, it is still in its plastic envelope!


Hornbook
Brightneedle
 
There IS a little figure of a lady halfway down, honest!  I think I would quite like to propose this one for the next Friendly Stitchers Round Robin, wel,, that's if they let me join again, lol, I was a bit,  slightly VERY okay, exceedingly late with all the robins!  I will endeavour to begin it this month though to keep up with the theme.

Well, that's all I have for you for the February theme, fingers crossed I will be back at the end of month with some progress!

Stay warm/cool, keep stitching or whatever makes you happy and please......leave me a comment, don't steal away!

Hugs,

Oh...and PS, no idea what I shall do for the ornament part - snowman or lady, hate stitching in white, lol!

15 comments:

  1. oooo well I think you have squeaked in with the theme :) love the horn book ... hmmmm may have to pop over and borrow that one when you have done with it ...lol and I am sure we will let you join in the fun again ;) love mouse xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been working on some lovely things.
    The little folks on 'any shore' look so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little samplers, Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute sampler, looking forward to see how you finish it off.
    Great designs you are going to start soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well he DOES travel in time and space!
    Great stitching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gillie, love your people choices. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices and pretty progress! I have Fonts in my stash, and seeing yours stitched up makes me want to go find it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how I missed out on theme-a-licious but well done on your choices!! It figures you would be missing some floss, it's the curse of the needleworkers, figuratively speaking. I figure you'll find a figurine to display your figured stitching with...and I'm sure the Friendly Stitchers will let you stitch in their next round robin, they are a lovely forgiving bunch...right? LOL Truthfully though, I do love all the choices, they are some of my favorite designers. Hm...go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you have been working on Gillie. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some lovely little samplers you are stitching. The Lody Steward one is from issue 38. I googled it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely samplers Gillie, look forward to seeing your Sampler Girl finished, I have quite a few of her Austen based ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always missing one floss color. It is so frustrating as, like you, I have so many skeins. Lovely samplers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always good when the theme makes you dig down in your stash and unearth some forgotten treasures. =) Congratulations on the finish!

    Why not stitch a sparkly snowman? Or maybe a sparkly snowflake...after all, that's almost a snowman, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colour you chose for PS 'Fave Font' sampler. I have been waiting to see it stitched up since you posted a snap of it's humble beginnings as part of your '2012 Crazies' this time last year - hahaha. That's not too bad at all - well done :)
    You've also done exceedingly well to find all those figures tucked away in your stash - the Hornbook looks brilliant - a great ides for a RR.
    Re the snow orny - seeing as your 'Geeky Mod' has released you do a snowflake TGOS#59 has a little orny by Nancy Pederson with BLUE flakes on white fabby - howzatt!
    hugs Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That all looks lovely. (In answer to your question, I meant all our ancestors - we're all supposedly descended from one woman in Africa (though I never understand how that works... surely not just one woman crawled out of the primeval slime?) My researchable ancestors were Scottish stick-in-the-muds like me.)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!