Saturday, March 16, 2013

Half way with March Madness - have I kept up?



Madness indeed!  The Halfway Point of Themealicious for March and my goodness, Heather, you are pushing us!

March Madness
Work on something different every day...it's madness...of the funnest possible kind.
 
Well, did I keep up?  Fingers crossed, you know I might have done!  I am sure you are on tenterhooks to know which of my many WiPs were shoved gently moved along the road to a PHD (potential happy dance)! So, without more ado.........

Jane Greenoff
Acorn Folded Pincushion
I made this a couple of years ago as a
needlebook for Maureen but this time I will make
it as Jane wrote the pattern!

Biscornu
A freebie from Alexandrina's blog
(sadly, I think she has removed the blog)

Any Shore
The Sampler Girl
Two steps forward etc with this one - I discovered I was a thread
out with the lettering and also had forgotten the shade of blue
I had used (I chose differently to the pattern)

Berlingot
Nancy Pederson
The Gift of Stitching
Issue 59 December 2010
I restarted this one, on a Hardanger fabric, so much easier
to count and used one strand of blue and one of silver so it is
REALLY sparkly - many thanks to Liz for finding it!

Blessed Are the Needleworkers
Lody Stewart
The Gift of Stitching
Issue 38 March 2009
I am loving this one and might finish it
by the end of March!


Miniature Sampler
ABCD 11817
The Scarlet Letter
This one has been sadly neglected and I definitely
need to post progress on Nicola's SLY blog!

Earth Sampler
The Primitive Needle
A very small amount of progress on this one -
p, w and x - well, it's something!
A Simple Tree
Frances and Me
JCS Ornaments 2002
If it is that simple why did it take me
at least  three years to stitch it? 
Still it's a finish!
EGA Nametag that
according to my friend, Chris,
is too small!
Little by Little
Inventory Pillow
I think I am becoming bored with the numbers
also I dislike patterns that don't give you an alphabet
and numbers to personalise your sampler!
Eileen Bennett
Shirtfront Sampler
La D Da
Polly Wolly Doodle
I bought this in 2011
when we became US citizens!
Birds of a Feather
Pray for Peace
published in 2001
Blackbird Designs
Spring Blessings
If I stitch it, it will come (Spring that is!)

CCN Ladybugs and Bumblebees
I had to change the colour of the lettering to
show up and will use English spelling too!

Well, go on, tell me you are impressed, aren't you?  And just think, at the end of the month I'll be back with fifteen more progress reports to bore with which to amaze you!
 

21 comments:

  1. Oh Gillie, you are doing so well with your March Madness - your WIPs are awesome, all of them. And the best is, there are more to come as March isn't over yet, lol. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed Gillie. Good job. See you can do a rotation. Can't wait to see the next 15.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kerrrrrrplunk ..... so glad I was sat down heheheheh ... well done on working on something every day ...recognise some of those patterns .. have got polly to start .... ladybugs is about third way done ... you will prob over take me soon heheheh .... looking forward to seeing the next fifteen :) love mouse xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Well, yes I am impressed. Good for you. http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. And my children thought I had a lot of projects going.....

    Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very impressive, and it sounds great fun, though I think I have a lot of UFOs (7 in all) I am wondering how I would cope with 30 lol.
    Its my first time here but I shall visit again to see how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well...bust my buttons, tis proud of you, I am!! *said in my worst Irish brogue...had to you know, it's St. Patrick's Day!* Look at you go! I was going to try to do this on my own, since I'm not part of the Themelicious group, but had way too much going on. I'm truly impressed, and when you have a minute, would you help me up off the floor?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This proves to me that you are just as bad with UFOs in stitchery as I am with quilt projects! Difference being you are making progress on multiple fronts, all of which make me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gillie, this is very impressive, keep up the stitching goal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very impressed! Even with all the WIPs I have, I don't think I could keep up with this one. Looking forward to seeing the next 15.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impressive indeed, Gillie! I don't know how all of you juggle multiple projects so well, but you're doing it!! I especially love that Earth Sampler design with all of the tiny creatures :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some nice projects there :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doing really well there Gillie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness Gillie.....I swear I'd be mad if I had to stitch on that many in a month! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woo hoo, way to go, Gillie!!!! I'm very proud of you...you will end up with even more projects than I will this month! Congratulations on finishing the ornament. I love that shirtfront sampler! I have Eileen Bennett's Trinity Sampler in my stash...hmmm, I should have started that on St. Patrick's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic stitching, Gillie! This is the first blog I've seen with 15 different projects stitched for the March Madness Theme-a-licious! I like the bright colors of Blessed are the Needleworkers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a wonderful choice of projects you've been working on Gillie for March.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! really lots on the go...looking forward for your next progess pics..
    Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All your projects look great, Gillie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am very impressed AND have added to my wish list (darn it). Everywhere I turn there are enablers. You are brilliant... I love your progress to PhD.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gillie dear, I just fell off my chair, how busy are YOU??!!

    :) :)
    HUGS
    Julie in Oz

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!