Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Selections #132 Or I Wish My Garden Had These Beauties

Sunday Selections was originally brought to us by Kim, of Frogpondsrock, as an on going meme where participants could post previously unused photos languishing in their files.

The meme is now continued by River at
Drifting through life.  The rules are so simple as to be almost non-existent.  Post some photos under the title Sunday Selections and link back to River.
 
I first found the above on the wonderful blog written by Elephant's Child from Canberra and was rather intrigued - even more so when EC gave us wonderful pictures of Antartica, her garden and birds, oh my, such birds!  I encourage you to wander over to her blog and find out for yourself.  
 
I have been thinking that I need to be a little more "random" in my postings to keep in line with my blog title so Sunday Selections is a small beginning.  I have spent the whole day looking at family photographs trying to find wedding pictures for my niece to use in a display at HER wedding in a week or so.  Very sad not to find pictures of my mum's second wedding to my stepfather in the search.  Hopefully they are just temporarily mislaid.
 
Enough of the whining - like EC I want to go with a theme each week and this week - flowers, sadly NOT in my garden, I think all the pictures came from a garden walk the WT and I did in 2011 when we were living in Michigan the first time.  No words since I have no idea of specific names just that you are looking at hollyhocks, roses, iris and a hydrangea!
 











6 comments:

  1. Ooh and aaah. Never mind what their names are - they are beautiful. And I am thrilled that you have come to play. I look forward to seeing more of you. And thank you for your lovely compliments. Birds and Antarctica are two of my obsessions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping in on my blog. I love the roses here and as for the hollyhocks, you've reminded me that I have seeds of a near black one that I meant to plant and forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are gorgeous flowers. Most especially that red and white rose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous collection of blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone once told me authoritatively that hollyhocks will grow only in the garden of a happily married couple.

    I keep meaning to try to grow some... .

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!