Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday Selections # 133 Or Why Didn't I Buy Those Mugs?

The Sunday Selections meme is hosted by River at Drifting through life.  The rules are so simple as to be almost non-existent.  Post some photos under the title Sunday Selections and link back to River.  A chance to show off some of the photographs you have gathering dust in murky corners.
 
Today we are in Helsinki, a city I was lucky enough to visit in (pause to count on fingers) 2011.  The World Traveller had a convention/show thingy there and so I said I wasn't being left behind so book me a flight, please.  We were in the middle of our all too short two years back in the UK so not as expensive as it sounds! 
 
This has turned out to be the textile/décor post, quite clearly!
 

These were the most luscious looking scarves and cowls
in a wonderful linen yarn - I wanted them all!





The Marimekko store - a spare arm and leg
would have been useful here, Finland is expensive!


The  Marimekko store was a feast for the eyes but expensive.  I rather regret not buying a couple of these while I was there, our hotel used them every day for the banquet that masqueraded as breakfast.  Smoked salmon to start the day, definitely!
 
We'll come back to Finland some other time!
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh. How beautiful. My fingers itch to stroke those scarves and cowls. I don't like shopping (except book shops and nurseries) and you have added another one to the list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun it must have been go to tripping through these stores. You would have had to keep slapping my hands to stop me from feeling the fabric. For some reason these pictures just pop off the screen, love the colors. There is something about the European designs!! I love the randomness of your blog lately! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helsinki sounds like Japan lots of beautiful things to expensive to buy thank goodness memories are free

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos Gillie. I love the clean lines and bold colours of Scandinavian design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, I love scarves (got a huge collection)and love checking out fabrics in textile shops. Never been to Helsinki, but I've heard of how expensive it is there. The colours are beautiful. Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fabrics. You have inspired me to join in this Sunday Selection thingy. How long will it last.. not sure but it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely, such vibrant colours. It must have been paradise to a crafter to be in there.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!