Thursday, December 31, 2015

Last Day of 2015 and Gifted Gorgeousness......must do better!

Well, hello, just made it before the end of the year according to Eastern Standard Time, chums over in Oz and New Zealand are well into the New Year, possibly having already broken a resolution or two?  AND I've got a whole FIVE HOURS before Jo closes the Gifted Gorgeousness widget thingy for December and 2015!


The last Gifted Gorgeousness link up, lived on the edge with this one, think I missed one when there was no phone or internet service in Oregon, and big thanks to Jo who has decided to continue into 2016, hooray! 

Nothing in the way of stitching from me, this month but I received this cheeky little chap from Jacquie  Thanks, Jacquie, he really made me smile!


and sometime ago I sent a PS chart to Ariadne in Greece and just look what she did with it, isn't it smashing? 



Ariadne chose a vintage red and green trim from her stash and it sets off the whole thing perfectly.

Did you all have a lovely Christmas?  Do hope so,   We went east this year, a night in Pittsburgh then onto Baltimore for Christmas returning to Pittsburgh on Boxing Day.  Lovely time with both daughters and families and a delightful party with our son in law's extended family, including gorgeous month old twins.

Not much decorating happened in the Lake House this year, I was away for ten days before Thanksgiving helping the Wyoming Cowboys move and become Oregon ones then a week before Christmas the dreaded lurgy struck, no voice, wheezing, coughing and general misery so something had to give.  So pretend these beautiful pictures are taken in Michigan.......

Handmade houses by daughter 1's father in law

A and J's beautiful tree
 ........but actually taken in Pittsburgh at the beautiful home of daughter 1's parents in law! 

I'll leave you with a picture taken early one morning a few weeks ago......

 

I'm getting nervous that I'll be too late to link up to the GG SAL so just want to wish you a happy New Year and a peaceful 2016.  To all those suffering as the result of different violent weather patterns across the globe, sending hugs and prayers.

love, Gillie x

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and yours.
    No resolutions were made, so none have been (or will be) broken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for mentioning my finish! Happy New Year to you!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family Gillie.
    What a wonderful village scene that's been handmade, that gentleman had a talent.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I hope that you could still link up to Jo's GG December post. Nice little gift received from Jacquie, and a great finish that Ariadne would do with the chart you sent her.
    I hope you are feeling a lot better by now and all the flu and cold symptoms have gone. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute snowman and I love the fabric on the Santa. Hope your over the creeping crud (as my mother calls it). The Christmas village is amazing - I only dream of doing something like that (and this year, holiday decorating was only a dream).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Ms. Gillie...You've racked up quite a few miles there, maybe we should be calling you WT2?? How wonderful that you've been able to see so much of your family this year! What lovely gifts you've received for Christmas, you have very talented friends! I LOVE the little houses, what a talent he has, what are they made of? Glad to hear you all had a very Merry Christmas. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking part in GG in 2015 and for signing up for 2016.
    I got a little snowman ornie from Jacquie too, they are so sweet!
    Love Ariadne's gift too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!