Tuesday, February 2, 2016

WIPocalypse 2016 or what's first out of the Cupboard of Hopeful Projects?



It's all go, innit?  I'm back with what I hope will be a monthly post to here, the WIPocalypse SAL.  I was one that fell by the wayside on that one too, to here's to better things in 2016!



Quaker Diamonds has been on the go for a long time, not sure exactly how long but it's a lovely stitch.  I chose a smaller count than Karen suggested and only use one strand of the Valdani threads.  I've (almost) completed section 1 so it's been retired to the Cupboard of Hopeful Projects for a while and Anniversaries of the Heart is getting some attention.

So, slightly backward, I'm Gillie, living in Michigan for the past three years, married to the World Traveller who does, lol, and this year I am using the Marie Kondo method on my stitching along with other areas of my home.  If it doesn't spark joy, then thank it kindly and send it on to where it will give pleasure.  I have some charts and some kitted up projects that come under that category, my tastes have changed, the project is too big etc.

So, to help with my Kondo-ing........and stitching.......

I've continued on with Jo's lovely GG SAL for the second year and you may well find some giveaways of the above mentioned charts offered there......

and this one, Measi's SAL, Heather's Smalls SAL and a varied collection of SALs offered by the lovely Kaye at Kitten Stitching, not to mention a monthly smalls challenge and WiPs progress album over on Friendly Stitchers so I reckon I shall be soaring to new heights, don't you?

I am purposely not recounting my WiPs as the total might send me into a rapid decline and/or panic attack.  I'm just seeing what drops out of the Cupboard of HP each time!

Thank you, Measi, see you again later this month!

PS when I was typing in the labels, the Cupboard of Lost Causes came up, think Hopeful Projects more positive, don't you?

A quote ...from the much loved and missed Sir Terry Wogan.......

"Could it be that behind every great man there's a woman working him with her foot?"

Goodnight xxx!

10 comments:

  1. I am seeing a lot of people using the Marie Kondo method at the moment.
    I really need to follow suit. Books are my problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quaker Diamonds is such a lovely project - it would be a pity to not stitch on it from time to time. So the WIPOcalypse and the other SALs seem to be perfect for you.
    I don't know anything about the Marie Kondo method. But since I'm retired I love de-cluttering the house. At the moment I am de-stashing and want to get rid of some of my cross stitch patterns. A slow progress but slow also brings results, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am partway through reading Marie Kondo and I'm hooked! I am a minimalist living in a house of hoarders and some of their behaviour is starting to rub off on me.
    I like the sound of Hopeful Projects. They will all be finished one day!
    Now I know what WT stands for too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quaker Diamonds is a super pattern. I agree to the more positive label ;)
    I am off to the pain management doctor this morning Gillie. I hope I have much success as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopeful projects does sound so much nicer and will make them feel that maybe their turn will come this year.
    Quaker Diamonds does looks super.
    Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely diamonds you're working on, Gillie :) I have to admit that while hopeful projects is a whole lot more positive...lost causes made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely diamonds you're working on, Gillie :) I have to admit that while hopeful projects is a whole lot more positive...lost causes made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Quaker pieces and I do love the chance at redemption "The cupboard of lost causes" evokes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. I also meant to say, thank you so much for the shout out re the SAL blogs, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progress on the Quakers. I do like the sound of the Cupboard of Hopeful Projects. I have the Cardboard Box of Chaos LOL
    I sold a Marie Kondo book today. It seemed to repel off my hand. Strange. Maybe she recognises a lost cause?

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and read every one! Please never steal away without telling me you were here!